What music makes you relaxed? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What music makes you relaxed?

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
I love any music at the moment its jessie j or any 80s tunes 

Comments

• M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    I like 80s tunes, I also relax to 80s style synthesizer music by a YouTube channel called NewRetroWave.

Here are some links to what I am listening to right now on their YouTube site:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDBbaGCCIhk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tHrhzCIyHs
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I mostly use suggested Spotify reading, concentration and relaxation playlists. I never remember to check who the artists are, but they always fit the bill. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    @Adrian_Scope

I was thinking about getting Spotify or Amazon Music Unlimited, not sure which one yet. Do you have any experience of using Amazon Music as well?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm afraid not. I have it downloaded and have Prime too, but I find Spotify's so simple to use that it's my go-to.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I used amazon for a while but gave it up to save money. I mainly use Google play music free. I make up playbills from music I have bought or saved over the years. I like listening to female artists on playlists sometimes. I choose motivating but relaxing music. I like lots of other relaxing music including meditation as long as they don't talk. I like white noise. It clears my mind at times. I like binaural beats you can find it on YouTube there are many variations for healing your whole self. 
  • Hartley
    Hartley Posts: 114 Courageous
    edited August 2019
    Led Zeppelin.The Smiths....many and varied...and there are quite a few relaxing songs within the brief aforementioned !

Violin and piano are very relaxing!
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    I dont listen much to music at all really, not really into it. When I do it tends to be country or folk, but not too much of anything for too long. So traditional Scottish or Irish stuff, in my blood I suppose as my roots go back into both countries. My surnames Scottish. Just discovered Calum Stewart, Tales from the North. If you're into folk music have a listen. 
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    Anything imposed is not welcome, even if it would be something  you quite like.

Natural  birdsong in a wood at dawn is said to be the most soothing and pleasing sound. If silence is not an option  it seems to please everyone and to upset nobody, so if I could I would swap it for any of the horrid amplified din from buskers, and in shops and cafes and elsewhere. 
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    I love 60's music.. but I do love other music.
    Music helps me go out as I have bad anxiety... I use my earphones and listen to music while I'm out. 
    Others I'll never leave the house...
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I listen to lots of different types of music it depends what mood I am in but I find celtic rock music makes me feel happy.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I watched and listened to Jimmy Ruffin on You Tube yesterday....saw him at Batley variety Club in the early 70s.....loved him.....`Ive Passed This Way before`.....`What Becomes of the Broken Hearted`......`Farewell`... why do I cry?

Guess I have good memories of that era.
  • MaxB
    MaxB Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Music is my passion...I love obscure 50s and 60s music, blues, jump blues, american rock n roll, oh the list is endless...I can usually always be found wearing my earphones and listening to my mp3 player..

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.