Hi, my name is sandyblue! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sandyblue!

sandyblue
sandyblue Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi this is my first post, I hope I'm in the right place to introduce myself I have Multiple Sclerosis , a mechanical heart valve (on Warfarin for life) , wear two hearing aids  and because of these things have anxiety issues. I am now 59 and had to leave work in 2017 as I just couldn't cope any more, I went to tribunal to get PIP as I got 0 points and then had to again go to tribunal again to get into ESA support group as I cannot walk very far and have vertigo and fall a lot, Wow that makes me sound like a really miserable person, falling apart lol, and I'm really not. I joined this group because I seem to be in constant fear of losing the financial help I get, I feel like I;m going to do something wrong and get into trouble for it. Thanks for being there, 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sandyblue

Good Afternoon & Welcome ??

Yes you have come to the right place!!!!

We have got lots of info on Benefit’s & I will be very happy in helping you????

There are many current members who will be in touch shortly.

Please please don’t worry as we are all here for you!!!!!

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello and welcome to the community @sandyblue. I think there'll be many people here who can relate to that feeling of insecurity that comes from being dependent on that help. 
    Do you get any support for your mental health at all?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @sandyblue            :

Hello My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us.  I trust you are having a good day today.

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can  please dont live your life in constant fear of losing your benefits that's a waste of energy deal with stuff when it happens.  :)

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

Have a good day

@connie00   :) 

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Hello @sandyblue   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry to hear about your problems and issues. You come to the right place for support and information.

Most of important of all friendship. You are not alone.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please may I suggest have you contacted  The MS Society may be help and give you a lot of support.

Sometimes by accessing support can help with a range of other problems and issues especially benefits.

Might have benefit advisors.  Some organisations do.

https://www.mssociety.org.uk.

Helpline 0808 800 8000

Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm.

Email@mssociety.org.uk.

Also you mentioned mental health issues as well.  Anxiety often by accessing guidance, advice with that can be beneficial to your well being.

I know this myself having anxiety. This is a stressful time for you. As a community we do understand.

Are you receiving any support for your anxiety?

Have you considered looking at mental health charities.?

I used this one https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Get help and support with your mental health. Do take clientele with additional disabilities and conditions related to their mental health.

Can get help and assistance also with your benefits as wellbeing, health and looking at anything else.

Might not be in all areas.  Worth checking.

Hope that helps you.

Please get in touch if we can help with anything further. Happy to be supportive. Please ask.

Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sandyblue and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm really sorry to hear of your struggles and can appreciate how frustrating things are for you.  Please try not to worry as you have come to the right place for support and friendship.  So please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on as we are all here for you should you need us.  If there is anything we can help you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.