Pip has been suspended — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip has been suspended

tarahull89
tarahull89 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
3 weeks ago i had been in a care home for 28 days now 3 weeks ago on tuesday i came back home and i rang up pip and they said my claim was being investigated so i rang up the following week they told me its been sorted they've got the relevant paperwork last week i rang up they said it was still being investigated i also got one of my payments that i was owed because June's got recalled due to me going into a care home and because im back home when it came to july they never paid me. i rang up today they tell me my claim is suspended and all they can say is theyve made a referall to dwp to see if im capable but yet capable of what im confused on and i need my money to get around with and im in a wheelchair so without it im stuck in the house 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm afraid only DWP will be able to tell you why they've suspended you payments. PIP is DWP and they wouldn't make a referral to theirself. Do you mean they've referred your claim to a decision maker?

Very difficult to give any advice here without knowing all of circumstances. My advice is to speak to your local CAB or other advice centre and you'll be able to tell them everything and they will assist you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @tarahull89. Sorry to hear this has happened. If CAB's not an option for you, you can probably find some local help at advicelocal which I know Poppy frequently recommends.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • johnbowie
    johnbowie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I get pip every month now.It got stopped or was reduced some time ago when teresa may had it stopped and then because of a row between the disabled clayments and Ian Duncan Smith, the then minister for the DWP. He resigned over it, then teresa may reinstalled pip and said that those who were getting pip and got it stopped or reduced would get it all backdated. I'm wondering where my back dated money is? ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    johnbowie said:
    I get pip every month now.It got stopped or was reduced some time ago when teresa may had it stopped and then because of a row between the disabled clayments and Ian Duncan Smith, the then minister for the DWP. He resigned over it, then teresa may reinstalled pip and said that those who were getting pip and got it stopped or reduced would get it all backdated. I'm wondering where my back dated money is? ?
    Hi,

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.