If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Useful apps for android phones

M_AnthonyM_Anthony Posts: 131Member, Community champion Pioneering
edited August 7 in Coffee lounge

Useful Android Apps

Hi. I wanted to share some good Android apps I use, I hope these will be useful. They can all be downloaded from the Google Play Store.

Samsung Internet Browser

Despite the name, this web browser works on all android devices. Based on Google’s Chrome browser, it has three advantages:

It allows you to install Ad-blockers (if you press the button right icon there is an Ad blockers option, you can then select from different ones. I recommend Ad-block Plus).

It is easier on your eyes if reading in the dark. You simply select dark mode from button right icon and the white areas of sites turn to black.

It has more general options in the settings menu.

Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint

Offers perfect compatibility with the desktop versions, interfaces are nice considering the screen size restrictions.

Colornote

A Calendar/notepad. You are presented with a notepad when you open it, simply swipe left and you have a calendar. If you enter anything on a day, it will then pop up in your task bar as a reminder when the day arrives.

Navmii GPS World (Navfree)

A great offline sat nav that can be used for car journeys and walking. Once you download the map of the country you want, it doesn’t need to use data/the internet on the phone to function, it simply uses the GPRS inside the phone.

VLC Media Player

Used in a variety of platforms, VLC Media player is a good video player for loads of different video formats. Highly recommended.

Army Knife for Android

Gives you various applications such as a ruler, unit converter, access to your camera’s flashlight to use as a torch if you have one.

English Dictionary – Offline

A good offline dictionary with an option to read out the word.

Night Screen

An app that dims the screen below the normal brightness levels you can use, good for general use in the dark if you find your screen too bright.

T2S: Text to Voice – Read Aloud

A tool to read out any text you enter.

Comodo Mobile Internet Security

While this has paid for features, it does offer antivirus scanning free.

If anyone has any other android apps they recommend, please feel free to tell us!

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.