Incontinence — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Incontinence

tampaxnappys
tampaxnappys Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i suffer from incontinence since 18-05-1985.IS THERE ANY ONE WHO HAS THE SAME CONDITION I HAVE

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Hello @tampaxnappys   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this.  I am sure there will be members who can identify what you are going through. Who might be in touch to offer support and advice.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide and advise and help new members who join the community.

Please can I ask have you contacted The Bladder and Bowel Organisation.?  For anything further they can help with.

https://www.bladderandbowel.org..

General Enquiries 01926 357220.

Hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, yeh, first thing is to either self refer or ask GP to refer you to The Continence Service. I did that several years ago. They are very helpful. I had urge incontinence and retention.

When my legs gave up the ghost and I needed the loo hourly, I decided to go for a catheter. Tried the urethral one for 5 months, but didnt get on with it. I`ve had a supra pubic one for 6 years. it makes life easier for full time wheelchair users.

I have tried many different medications...vesicare, oxybutynin, and tolterodine. I find betmiga the best. They are all bladder calmers.

Is it urinary incontinence you suffer with, or bowel?
  • Tiffy1691
    Tiffy1691 Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    I have spinal stenosis, I also had a hysterectomy a couple of years ago so I don't know what is causing my problems. For my bowels, it's mainly constipation issues so I drink plain hot water from afternoon to evening (a trick my mum used to swear by) and it works for me. As for bladder, I use sanitary pads and sleep on incontinence sheets. I have a commode next to my bed and wet wipes in my drawer. I can't control myself on getting up from my bed so try to be quick, if I'm not quick enough then I have a smaller incontinence sheet on the floor or the dog gets it! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.