Esa help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa help

bi786
bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
Hi I was on couple claim on husbands esa he moved out I’m on pip Standard rate wat benefits am I entitled to 
am I entitled to sdp allowance if I go on universal credit as all benefits have become one on universal credit 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If your husband was the main claimant for the ESA then you will have to claim Universal credit. Unfortunately, there's no premiums available with UC. If you're unable to work you'll also need a fit/sick note from your GP to be able to claim UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bi786
    Hi thanks replying bck 
    can I ask if I haven’t worked past for years am I entitled to the esa as it’s the new style esa an national contribution are they still doing income based esa
  • poppy123456
    bi786 said:
    Hi thanks replying bck 
    can I ask if I haven’t worked past for years am I entitled to the esa as it’s the new style esa an national contribution are they still doing income based esa
    You won't be able to claim New style ESA because you haven't worked and paid NI contributions between April 2016 and March 2018.

All areas are now a full Universal Credit area which means you won't be able to claim Income Based ESA, it will have to be UC. To claim limited capability for work through UC you'll need sick note from your GP and a face to face assessment sometime in the future.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bi786
    Will I still be getting paid esa as new claim or will I be paid after the assasement decision 
  • poppy123456
    You won't be entitled to any ESA because you can't start a new claim. You were claiming ESA as part of a couple and your partner was the main claimant.

If you need to claim for help with your rent it will be paid in with the UC as 1 monthly payment.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.