Chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic pain

croxie
croxie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have had sciatica for 2 years. Each day is different. There is always pain but sometimes on a more manageable level. Others days I have to stay at home. Many times have to say no to invitations. Sitting is a major problem,so if there is a lot of sitting it’s a no go. So no long car journeys, cinema, going out to lunch etc. After 30 mins pain is too much and I have to stand up. Which can be quite embarrassing in a public place. So I just say no to these invitations, just like I did today. Makes me feel very alone and is comforting to know there are other people out there who get what it’s like.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Croxie and a warm welcome to the community.
    Have you been getting much help at all with pain relief? If it helps, we do have a chronic pain discussion group here where you might find some tips and advice to help manage it.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @croxie   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this. You are not alone. You come to the right place. For information, friendship and support.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please have a look around our website.   There will be members of our community who can identify what you are going through.

Please if we can help with anything.  Please ask.  Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @croxie and a warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that your pain has meant saying no to invitations, I understand how frustrating and upsetting this can be.

You may find the Coffee Lounge a good place to have a chat with other community members.

Please do let us know if there we can help you with. :)
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @croxie and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm really sorry to hear you are in so much pain and have to turn down invitations.  I can appreciate how frustrating that must be for you.  You have come to the right place to reach out to other members who are here to support you.  It is a great place to make new friends too so I hope you enjoy your time with us.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.