If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

From LCW to LCWRA.

ghallenghallen Posts: 11Member Listener
Hi, I recently had a health assessment (I was meant to have one last year but the DWP forgot to book me in for one) and got moved from LCW to LCWRA. Should I expect to receive my new benefit amount from my next pay date? Will I be paid any backdated amount? Cheers

Replies

• TobiasTobias Posts: 46Member - under moderation Courageous
    ghallen said:
    Hi, I recently had a health assessment (I was meant to have one last year but the DWP forgot to book me in for one) and got moved from LCW to LCWRA. Should I expect to receive my new benefit amount from my next pay date? Will I be paid any backdated amount? Cheers
    Just quickly!  whats LCW and LCWRA?
  • ghallenghallen Posts: 11Member Listener
    LCW means Limited Capacity for Work and LCWRA is Limited Capacity for Work and Work Related Activity. Sorry if it wasn't clear!
    ghallen said:
    LCW means Limited Capacity for Work and LCWRA is Limited Capacity for Work and Work Related Activity. Sorry if it wasn't clear!
    Thanks...its just that i dont know the acronyms ...only just applied to benefits after 17yrs working
    ghallen said:
    Doh!  forgot to ask...whats the major differences between the 2? im going for my first assessment for UC work capability
    ghallen said:
    Seems both LCW and LCWRA are the same £ rate...why did you need to go onto the latter?   do they ask you to work on the LCW?
    Yes, on LCW you are expected to prepare for work. On LCWRA you are not asked to do that, and you will recieve a higher monthly payment.
    Do you have any insight into my initial question please?
  • Hart86Hart86 Posts: 347Member Pioneering
    ghallen said:
    Was it just a general reassessment or did you report a worsening condition?

You should receive the increased money (£336) in your next UC payment. 
    edited August 13
    ghallen said:
    Theres a lady here called @poppy123456 i think thats her name...Shes very knowledgable....Im sure i read it could be 3 months within that time...but sorry...cant be fully sure of that
    Hart86 said:
    Was it just a general reassessment or did you report a worsening condition?

You should receive the increased money (£336) in your next UC payment. 
    It was a general reassessment. I was first assessed Sept '17, but wasn't assessed in Sept '18. Luckily, the DWP remembered to book me an assessment this year. Thank you :)
    ghallen said:
    three month
    In most cases, the LCW or LCWRA element will not be included in your Universal Credit award straight away. There is a three month waiting period which will beginwhen you provide evidence of having limited capability for work

Simply used google search....All here for you 👍
    Does that apply if I've been in LCW since September '17 though? I'm really not sure how they work it all out. The same with backdating. I've googled, but all the info seems to be for people with new claims.
    ghallen said:
    Does that apply if I've been in LCW since September '17 though? I'm really not sure how they work it all out. The same with backdating. I've googled, but all the info seems to be for people with new claims.
    Ive tried my best for you....i too cannot seem to find absolute clarification....Hence why i hope @poppy123456 see's your question....
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 11,749Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    ghallen said:

It was a general reassessment. I was first assessed Sept '17, but wasn't assessed in Sept '18. Luckily, the DWP remembered to book me an assessment this year. Thank you :)
    Hi,

As this was a a re-assessment then you'll be paid the extra LCWRA element from the date of the decision and it will be paid in your next UC payment.
    Tobias said:

three month
    In most cases, the LCW or LCWRA element will not be included in your Universal Credit award straight away. There is a three month waiting period which will beginwhen you provide evidence of having limited capability for work

This doesn't apply here because it was a re-assessment.
    Tobias said:

three month

This doesn't apply here because it was a re-assessment.
    I was just going by google and did mention waiting for yourself to arrive and you did! 👍 i tried my best for him...and didnt say it was 100%....pointed him to you.

I didnt even get a smiley face....lol
    I'm unsure why comments are being flagged here because i don't see anything wrong. The flag is there to report a problem to admin.
    I'm unsure why comments are being flagged here because i don't see anything wrong. The flag is there to report a problem to admin.
    Contact the admin maybe?...
    There's no need to contact admin because there's no issues here.
    Thank you very much for your help guys :) 

I don't know what flagging means but I don't think it was me? Unless I've done something daft
    No worries, no harm done. Great news on the LCWRA decision too!
  • HartleyHartley Posts: 114Member - under moderation Courageous
    edited August 13
  • HartleyHartley Posts: 114Member - under moderation Courageous
    Hartley said:
    Flagging??
    No offense but can you stop this....ive been warned about you.!
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 5,158Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    You have not done anything daft or wrong @ghallen :) To the member(s) who are flagging up the above comments as spam, may I remind you that you are misusing this option. Flagging up a post alerts admin that there is an issue with a members post, I.e. inappropriate comments and any comments made that go against our community guidelines. There is absolutely no issue with this thread. Please only use the flagging option when it is evident to do so.
    You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now!
  • Hart86Hart86 Posts: 347Member Pioneering
    @ghallen as @poppy123456 kindly added, as it’s a reassessment it’ll only be awarded from the decision date so there won’t be any back dated money but you will get the extra going forward! ❤️
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 2,427Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @ghallen and welcome to the community. I hope you've been able to get an answer to your question. If there's anything you're unsure about, please don't hesitate to ask. Great news on your positive reassessment. :smile:

@Opus, @Tobias and @Hartley I notice the three of you have flagged a lot of posts as spam in both this thread and others. This function is used to push content that is posted repeatedly and has no place on the community, i.e. advertising into a spam queue.
    If you're wanting to draw our attention to a particular thread, can I ask you either tag a member of the community team (myself, @Sam_Scope or @Chloe_Scope) or use the report flagging function?
    Senior Online Community Officer
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.