If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

UC WCA

tombcfctombcfc Posts: 23Member Listener
edited August 15 in Universal Credit
Been sent letter today advising of a face to face assessment in 2 weeks, despite them contacting my GP only a week ago with a form and not letting my gp have enough time to send the esa113 form back. Scandalous. It says on the booklet that all centres have the facilities to record assesments now? Is this true? How is it possible to arrange for my assessment to be audio recorded? As I dont trust these assessors one bit. Also could anyone tell me if you are allowed to cancel an assesment to rearrange dates or will my money be stopped. I have mobility problems so cant use public transport and I am relying on a lift from a family member. Thanks in advance

Replies

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 3,259Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @tombcfc, you are able to cancel one appointment with a valid reason. You won't be able to do this again though. I hope this helps. :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
  • regularirregularregularirregular Posts: 7Member Connected
    That's correct, you can cancel your appointment and have to provide a reason for cancellation. CHDA assessment centres are responsible for this cancellation so it has nothing to do with DWP.
    You are allowed to cancel once, but if you try to cancel the second time, you will most likely be advised that DWP will be informed and your benefits are likely to be stopped.
    If you are receiving benefits while waiting for the appointment, do not force them to give you the appointment as soon as possible, just take your time and keep receiving the money. If they cancel any of your appointments (Usually late appointments (3.30pm onward, sometimes lunch time appointments as well), you are not responsible and will not be penalised.
    Also, if you have mobility issues and cannot safely use the stairs in an emergency, you can request a ground floor assessment centre and they have to comply.

When it comes to recordings, I strongly advise that you request a recording and do not take no for an answer. If equipment is not available at your assessment centre, they will move the equipment so that it is available for your appointment.
    I used to work as an assessor until recently and while I have never experienced my colleagues lying in regards to what the client (you) says, if there is a recording, they usually write it down exactly the way you said it and don't try to cut corners by writing it in their own words.
    Having a recording is helpful if you have to complain later but, from experience, nobody will usually listen to the recording other than yourself. You will get standardised reply from complaints department either way.
Sign in or join us to comment.