Success at last: Historic ESA > UC > LCW — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Success at last: Historic ESA > UC > LCW

GettinOlde
GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
Thanks to @Hart86 who advised me to leave a message, regarding an MPG1, under the Payments category of my UC journal.
After a week of inaction, I prompted my work Work Coach about it who did a "handover", also telling me to call the helpline (his favourite turn of phrase).
Called the helpline the following day and spoke to someone called Steve [long story short] who could see my ESA had been closed down on March 28 and reinstated on March 29. He said I was owed a backdated payment for LCW of £504.44, paying it straight into my account there and then, saying it would continue monthly at £126.11. When asked why it had taken so long after talking to various other people, he apologised and said he didn't know why it had been overlooked as it was a simple action to perform.
Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.