If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Changes in benefits while waiting for pip tribunal

andreaCarerandreaCarer Posts: 2Member Listener
edited August 16 in Disabled people
My 16 year old daughter is going to tribunal regarding her pip assesment .  She was on dla .. then had her pip assesment and scored 0 , we are now waiting for a date to go and give our evidence..  in the mean time  we have lost  the dla  for my daughter we have lost carers allowance and we have been put on universal credit which now I'm being told I come under the benifit cap so I loose a further 145 a month ..   I thought any underlying benifit  for carers  ment you didn't come under the benifit cap.  Can anyone assist me pls. 

Replies

• Hart86Hart86 Posts: 360Member Pioneering
    As you don’t currently have CA you won’t be exempt from the cap unfortunately 😟 if her PIP is reinstated the cap will be lifted (and should be backdated) 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 4,353Administrator Scope community team
    Hello @andreaCarer and welcome to the community. :)

Does anyone else in your household receive any disability benefits or Carer's Allowance? Just trying to think of other ways you may be exempt from the cap while your daughter awaits her tribunal. 
    Senior Online Community Officer
    Scope
  • andreaCarerandreaCarer Posts: 2Member Listener
    Thanks for clearing that up ..   at least we get it back if successful.   Claiming Universal credit for my family has been a real struggle , I have 3 kids and live with my partner  in total for me and my partner get 498 a month , which 145 is deducted for the benifit cap and 200 a month for the advance I had to take out for the 5 week wait..  that leaves me and my partner  with £ 75 each a month to live on .  It's realy unfair having to get into debt just to claim a benifit..  
Sign in or join us to comment.