Recurring Lower Back Spasms — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recurring Lower Back Spasms

toms
toms Community member Posts: 5 Connected

HI All,

I have had 3 prolapsed discs all requiring surgery to remove them from my lower back. These surgeries all occurred over a 11 year period with the last surgery 23 years ago. My last surgery also resulted in them fusing my lower spine due to the fact of recurring prolapsed disc surgery. However, over the last 12-18 months I have had recurring back lower back spasms. I get no warning of these spasms and they can be painful and restrict my mobility lasting anything from 2-3 days to 10 days before they complete go. I am 54 and I am wondering if I am showing signs of some sort of arthritis which could be causing the problem? I will be honest I do not like visiting the doctors and would only go there as a last resort. I keep myself fit but when I have these bouts of spasms it means it does affect my ability to do my exercises.  

I came on here to see if anyone had similar story to me and find out possible causes etc?

Kind Regards

Tom

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @toms and a very warm welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing spasms. Are you on any muscle relaxant medication? It may be worth seeing your GP if not.

I hope others are able to share their experiences soon and that it eases!

Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.