If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I'm waiting for a MR to try and get Enhanced Mobility...

pcoventrypcoventry Posts: 123Member Pioneering
My son is nearly 4 and now gets DLA as he has GDD and possibly ADHD - should I call and add this to my MR notes? Do you think it will make a difference? 2 of us need help to get around to appointments etc now and some of them are away from the main town!

Thanks

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 12,813Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Your PIP claim is about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. It's not about anyone else's conditions. Telling them about your son won't make any difference to your PIP claim.

What you need to concentrate on is why you think you qualify. Good luck.
  • pcoventrypcoventry Posts: 123Member Pioneering
    Thanks Poppy. I've made 4 lots of notes and had them added. I am hoping things like I can no longer use the handbrake on my car due to weakness will help. I am also happy to be re assessed as now 30M is a struggle. I have to use a bath lift my left side is so bad.

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 12,813Community champion Disability Gamechanger
     No problem. I'm afraid none of those are going to help you claim Enhanced mobility either. The mobility part isn't about not being able to use a handbrake in a car, or for example not being able to drive a manual car. It's not about needing a car to be able to get to your appointments. It's also not about being able to get into a bath.

It's purely about your ability to be able to put one foot on the ground, stand and move and for Enhanced mobility it's between 1 and 20 metres, regularly, reliably, without pain and discomfort. Walking inside the home, using stairs, getting in and out of a car isn't included in this activity. What is included is walking outside on level ground, hills aren't included, pavements are included.

Having some understanding about the PIP descriptors and what they mean will help you. Take a look at this link about the mobility activity to try to have a better understanding. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria#mobility-activities

Sign in or join us to comment.