Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment

Dante
Dante Community member Posts: 14 Listener
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi i am so fed up and confused I couldn't do a face to face as strangers give me panic attacks they new this and acknowledged it and did a phone assessment instead they took away my enhanced and awarded me standard for both i missed out by 2 points she gave me 2 points for face to face saying i could do it if encouraged by someone totally untrue as she herself couldn't do face to face with me and told me it was because i would become to stressed out then she gives me just the 2 points if I could be encouraged like she claimed then she would have done face to face it doesn't make any sense 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dante, I can understand why this would have been extremely stressful for you. I imagine you are pretty frustrated.

Will you be appealing the decision? If you don't agree with the decision then you can appeal it by requesting a mandatory reconsideration (you have a month from the decision to appeal).

Here is some information about the appeal process.

I also would highly recommend you seek some expert advice. This can be done through Citizen's Advice or AdviceLocal.

If there is anything else we can do then please do let us know. :) 
    Scope

• Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @Dante

I am so sorry to hear what a tough time you are going through with your PIP! That really does sound frustrating!

While it is going to be of little comfort in the short term, you were very close to the points you need to get the enhanced rate, and a very high percentage of awards are changed at appeal.

If you struggle with face to face help and would like some advice on what to put in your Mandatory Reconsideration letter, you can ring Scope's free helpline on 0808 800 3333. The line is open 8am to 8pm during the week, and 10am to 6pm at the weekend. Weekends are usually the quietest time to ring.
    Joanne 
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.