Letter received — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Letter received

llandudno_1
llandudno_1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am on ESA Contribution Based ESA, which I was under the impression it wasn’t means tested.  But I’ve had a letter wanting to know my husbands hours of work and send wage slips etc and also his savings !! 
He’s not happy as he’s never claimed benefits in his life .  
This is our second marriage, only been married for two years.
can anyone shed any light on this .  I hate ringing the DWP as I don’t trust them, even though I’ve got nothing to hide . 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Which group are you in WRAG or Support Group? Contributions based WRAG is only paid for 365 days. If placed into the Support Group Contributions based is paid for as long as you remain in the group.

Are you 100% sure it's contributions based? If it was all contributions based then you wouldn't have received that letter because it's not means tested. Do you have a recently award letter from ESA so you can check exactly what it is you're receiving?

You could be receiving Contributions based with an Income Related top up, or all your ESA is Income Related.

If it was just Contributions based Support Group then you would be receiving £111.65 per week.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @llandudno_1 and I hope Poppy's advice has helped. :)

Please do let us know if we can help with anything else!
    Scope

• llandudno_1
    Hi Poppy im in the Support Group have been for about 4 years now .  I’ve never had any letters like this before .  
    Im definitely in the Contribution Based ESA .  I’m scared to ring them as I just don’t trust them .  I’ve been told by another company that they are just checking that I’m on the right benefit ?? X 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need to send them what they've asked for but if you're definitely receiving all Contributions based Support Group £111.65 per week then i have no idea why they are asking this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • llandudno_1
    No nor me !!!  I just don’t trust them .   I’ve been getting it with no problems until now x 
    thank you for taking the time to try and help me x 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.