Pip Tribunal successful — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Tribunal successful

sam1981
sam1981 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi I applied for pip and got refused, asked for a mandatory reconsideration and got the same decision. I took it to tribunal, waited nearly 52 weeks for a date but I won the appeal on the 6th August and it is being backdated to May 2018.
i have been chasing regularly but still not had the money. I have read it can take 6-8 weeks but the dwp have told me that mine is marked as urgent but I am really struggling financially and have loan companies chasing me as I had no choice as I’ve had no money to get by. Is there anything else I can do to hurry things along? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Great news. I'm afraid there's nothing more you can do but wait. DWP have the same chance we do to appeal the decision but to do this they must first ask for the statement of reasons within 1 month of the date of the decision. Request the SOR doesn't mean they are appeal and they sometimes request this but rarely appeal it.

Hopefully it won't be too long now but yes it can take 8 weeks for backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sam1981
    sam1981 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you I hope not things are so tough at the mo but will be ok once sorted it’s just not helping my condition as I’m stressing so much

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.