decision without face to face — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

decision without face to face

davet
davet Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
I recently posted that I had received a review of PIP form in the post, and was dreading a face to face assessment, but there was no need for me to be concerned as this morning I got a letter which basically states that having reviewed my returned form, my PIP will remain the same up to August 2022 which is obviously good news, however I did advise them that I was recently admitted to hospital as I was coughing up a large amount of blood, almost a pint in total, which following blood tests has shown that I am severely anemic, this is causing severe fatigue, weakness, headaches, dizziness and muscle pain when walking, I am now faced with the decision of , do I simply leave it and accept that my award has not changed or do I  ask for a mandatory reconsideration? I am not too sure about this as the anemia is not related to my original disability which was a stroke

Comments

• livonia
    livonia Community member Posts: 75 Courageous
    I had no face to face and although I think I qualify for enhanced mobility I elected to take the award as I have severe anxiety and fibromyalgia and decided the impact on me to appeal wd  be hugely negative as I had a lot on in my life ie was moving house out of county. So I suppose consider the impact and weigh up if it’s worth it 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @davet - I don't believe that you can ask for MR based on new information; if your circumstances have changed you will have to notify DWP (not about new diagnoses but if these affect your day to day tasks)

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, since you have had a paper based assessment and your award remains the same and you are happy with it why rock the boat
     You can phone the DWP and get clarity of it if you want some reassurances. 
  • davet
    thanks for your reply livonia, I can understand how you feel, my last award included a MR and then a tribunal, it was so stressful, having had a stroke I have been advised to avoid stress where I can and am very mindful of the stress dealing with these 'people' can cause.
    And thank you cristobal your response makes great sense and I believe this is the route I will take
  • davet
    thanks Wilco, exactly what I was thinking 'why rock the boat?'
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news, for new conditions you must have had them for at least 3 months and expect them to last a further 9 months.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @davet, please do let us know if we can do anything else to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.