Copy’s of my benefits — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Copy’s of my benefits

Options
odin
odin Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I need copy’s of my Benefits for motability how can I get this without phoning 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

With difficultly because if you send a letter they may not send what you ask them to and if they do snail mail takes quite a while. You'll also need the correct address for your area as all areas are different. Maybe someone can ring on your behalf, even though you'll need to go through security before passing the phone onto them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello!
    This will be hard but totally doable. Nevertheless it is worth trying. If you send by recorded post it may be quicker.
    Can someone call on your behalf or not? Make sure to have your details including your real address and name to hand in case. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sending by recorded delivery doesn't mean it will arrive any quicker than normal proof of posting. It still have to go through the normal DWP/Royal Mail sorting process and still takes about 7 working days to be added to the computer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @odin and a warm welcome to the community! Have you been able to get any further with this?
    Scope

• buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    Options
    odin said:
    I need copy’s of my Benefits for motability how can I get this without phoning 
    @odin If you can't find anyone to help you call, try right of access request,  you can do it online, you can specifically ask for the document required ie copy of your last PIP Award a recent request made online from the link below, for a relative for a specific item was dealt with very promptly.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-your-personal-information-from-the-department-for-work-and-pensions

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.