had call back from assessor .. how long do you think ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

had call back from assessor .. how long do you think ?

mumofthetwins
mumofthetwins Community member Posts: 41 Connected
Hi guys ... 
i originally applied for my son for PIP in May, he has ASD and will not talk to people (even my brother who he has grown up with) so I also applied to be his appointee. It took ages to get the appointee meeting and eventually it was all signed off. Well I filled the forms in and had a f2Fabout 2 weeks ago where they told us that he didn't have an appointee .. I said he did but they said it's not on his records, the lady was nice and I did do the talking for him. We'll roll on a week and I get a call asking to speak to him, I was at my mums so said I could go home and they call back (he doesn't leave home) they needed to ask more questions about him getting to places and how he felt. The lady was nice and we answered. 
So that was about a week ago and I'm not sure if we can call for an assessment report yet as I haven't had anything to say DWP have received it. 
Do you guys have any experience of how long it takes to hear back ... the lady said they were going to send the report that day ? 
Also this is the first time we have done any of this and are completely oblivious to the steps 

thanks 
lisa 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When you became his appointee did you receive the proof it had been successful, it's called the BF57 form. Also when you received his PIP form it should have been addressed to you. If it wasn't and you didn't receive the BF57 then you'll need to contact DWP.

Usually i advise people to wait a week after the assessment before ringing DWP to request a copy of the assessment report. If both copies have been received back they will send you a copy, if you live in the UK.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mumofthetwins
    Hi thanks for the reply, yes I revived a form when the lady came out which said it was affective immediately. 
    All forms however have came in his name I just thought this was normal ? .. do you think I should call on Monday ? 
  • poppy123456
    You wouldn't have received anything from the DWP representative on the day of the appointee because they would have took everything back with them. It's not in place until all details have been added to the computer once they returned.  You would have received the BF57 form at a letter date. As the forms arrived in your sons name this means that you are not his official appointee and you need to ring DWP Monday morning.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mumofthetwins
    Ah thanks hun ... I assumed that the signed form given on the day was the one ? It did say I was appointed.. I'll call on Monday as I know I'm not now, I'll ask about the assessment report when I call 
    Thanks again x 
  • mumofthetwins
    Hi I've just gotten home and Checked and it's the BF57 that I have ? Is this it or do I need another ? 
    Sorry for all the questions
    Lisa x 
  • poppy123456
    That's the one. You still need to ring and check because you should receive everything in your name for your son.
  • mumofthetwins
    Thanks hun .. yeah in going to try to call early Monday I'm gueig they open 8ish x 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mumofthetwins and a warm welcome to the community! I hope you have been able to get through this morning :)
    Scope

• mumofthetwins
    Thanks hun ... I waited 70 mins this mornong and gave up but managed to get through about 30 mins ago. 
    They said info was on the system but the box verifying it hadn't been clicked ... it seemed to take ages to sort out but eventually we got there .. yay.
    I did ask if they had heard from assessment but she said nothing yet and it would be 4-6 weeks after they hear oh and that could take 2 weeks ... by gosh it's a long procedure as we started 1st may ?

Thanks for all the help x 
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'm glad you got through in the end and I hope you aren't waiting much longer! I understand how frustrating and drawn out the procedure can be!
    Scope

• mumofthetwins
    Thanks hun .. I'm new to it all and it's an eye opener how long it takes x 
  • Chloe_Scope
    No problem at all @mumofthetwins, I hope you are not waiting much longer! 
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.