Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

emmalou169
emmalou169 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hello 
I have a hearing impairment with a vestibular hydrops ( pressure in the inner ear) Meneries which I suffer from vertigo tiñnitus  dizzinesst nausea lightheaded muffled ears insomnia and tiredness throughout most days I have at least a few  of theses symptoms, don't know what a normal day is anymore as most days are bad one. I suffer with depression as this illness does get me down and I become isolated from my symptoms as this brings on anxiety due to vertigo attacks which are unpredictable and quiet frightening when they occur. Been off work 2 years with just claiming UC benefit only.
So I applied for pip October 2018 
I was declined with 2 points ?
I kept on appealing my claim 
Tomorrow was my tribunal hearing but my Meneries took over me of  dizziness off balance and pressure in my ears so I don't feel well enough to attend the hearing tomorrow, my friend rang them to explain have but there wanted me to explain in a email I did  ask for it to be postponed but I'm worried that the hearing will go on with or without me explaining my health condition of how i have no control over it .

Has anyone else had to cancel at the last minute but still had success of winning the appeal tribunal? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. As it's such short notice then the hearing may go ahead without you. If it does then you'll receive a decision in the post within a few days. It's always much better to appear in person, paper based decisions for Tribunals only have between 5-8% chance of success, compared with 74% for those that appear in person.

Do be aware that they will only take into consideration what your condition was like when the original decision was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • emmalou169
    Hello Poppy
    Thank you for your post Meneries is unpredictable ? there is no way I could drive and with no support so  i had no transport to get me there? If it does go ahead without me so hope I get excepted? I really hope it gets postponed ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @emmalou169, I'm sorry you're unable to attend your tribunal and hope that it can be postponed for you. Please let us know when you hear anything. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • emmalou169
    Thank you . I will hope and pray that it was  successful if did go on without me today?
    Adrian_Scope 
     @emmalou169, I'm sorry you're unable to attend your tribunal and hope that it can be postponed for you. Please let us know when you hear anything. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.