A quick hello — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A quick hello

Mummymacd
Mummymacd Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, my name is Amanda and I am thirty nine and a married mum of three. 

I suffer with chronic back pain which I have had for around twelve years now so have come here for advice and support.

Just a quick intro x

Comments

• paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Hiya @Mummymacd and welcome  :)
    I'm quite new here myself. You will find it a very supportive and friendly place. In fact, I think I'm becoming hooked!  :D

I also have long term back pain from prolapsed intervertebral disc, spondylosis (in the same spot) and osteoarthritis. 

At the moment I'm trying a painkiller called Zydol (prolonged - release) which is actually working quite well.
    Apparently can be addictive so I am limiting to bad days. 

Swimming is good, do you manage to go ?
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @Mummymacd welcome to the community. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mummymacd and welcome to the Community also.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your chronic back pain and am sure there will be members in a similar position to yourself who can relate to what you are going through.  I hope you enjoy your time on the Community and look forward to seeing you on it.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.   :)
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mummymacd welcome to the community! Let us know when you have any questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Mummymacd
    Feel free to take a look around the site. No question is too silly. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Mummymacd and welcome to the community! How are you today?
    We have a chronic pain board here that might be of use to you, but I look forward to seeing you around the rest of the community too! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.