Our final timescale after a successful PIP Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Our final timescale after a successful PIP Reconsideration

Options
AhhBisto
AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
So my partner has just won her PIP MR after nearly a 9 Month crazy process with lots of stress and delays.

She went from 0 points to 16 in daily living and 17 in mobility with the decision lasting until 2025

I thought I would let you guys know especially for those starting the process the length of time it has taken in case anyone is worried it's taking longer then expected. We're in West Wales for reference.

Applied pip 21st December 2018
Paperwork received by DWP 3rd Jan 2019 + 13 Days
Appointment 20th March 2019 + 76 Days
0 Point Decision 5th June 2019 + 77 Days
MR confirmed 13th June 2019 + 8 Days
MR sent for rework by Capita 22nd August 2019 + 70 days
MR sent for further assistance 9th September 2019 + 18 days
Decision letter today 11 September 2019 

Total 264 days. Although please be aware our timescales are out because of capita not turning up for f2f, delaying reworks and what seems to be they ended up being completely ignored in the decision in the end.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.