points tally — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

points tally

Dondon1
Dondon1 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
I got this today. Is 8 points for do not enough for standard dl and 10 not enough for standard mobility

Comments

• david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    If the points are the only thing that stopped you from receiving PIP, then the letter is in error - you should have been awarded standard rate of both components. Is there anything else identified in the letter that prevents an award of PIP?
  • Dondon1
    no just that they had changed award for descripr 6 dressing to award 2 points instead of none. that took tally to 8. also changed descriptor 12 moving around from 4 to 10 points. I don't get it.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    As long as you've got 8 points either for Daily living & or Mobility .....

if you got a minimum of 8 points for either for standard awards .. you will need 12 points for each for an enhance award.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Dondon1
    yes but i dont get why I have the points for standard dl and mobility but no award. what do i do about it.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Dondon1 said:
    yes but i dont get why I have the points for standard dl and mobility but no award. what do i do about it.
    Dondon1 said:
    Don't worry about it. If it is still bothering you, call DWP on Monday and ask for a clarification. In the meantime, if you want them to look at their decision again, you can ask CAB for help on contesting their decision. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/mandatory-reconsideration/
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    I think you need to call them Monday. 

It doesn't make much sense does it? You've been awarded enough points to receive standard on both elements but they're saying you're not entitled to PIP.

I think they've simply ticked the wrong boxes.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Seems like an error to me because you clearly scored enough points for standard in both parts. Only DWP can tell you why you've been refused, give them a ring Monday morning.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    As an added thought for PIP you must have had to condition for at least 3 months and expect it to last at least a further 9 months. If they think that your conditions will not last at least a further 9 months, you can score those points but there still won't be any award.

My advice is to check those boxes are ticked. I've definitely heard of this happening before. If this is what happened you need to prove that your conditions are expected to last at least a further 9 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dondon1
    I have the points just not the award.
  • Dondon1
    I was on pip for 30 months previously. This was a review.
  • poppy123456
    Then it seems like an error. With my daughters PIP review award the decision letter was Enhanced for both parts but the time scale hadn't increased, it was the same as her existing award at the time. I had to ring to speak to a case manager who confirmed it was an error.

I'd advise you to ring DWP first thing Monday morning to ask to speak to a case manager.
  • Dondon1
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dondon1 and welcome to the community! I hope you are able to ring up this morning and get things clarified. :)
    Scope

• Dondon1
    Thanks for the help folks. rang up and it was an error. backdated money in bank today. phew.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @Dondon1 happy to hear your news.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing! Thanks for lettings us know! :)
    Scope

• Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Great news @Dondon1! Glad you managed to sort it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.