Blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge

janethague
janethague Community member Posts: 7 Listener
As anyone been asked by council for another form to be filled in if you hav go ASD pls 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Hello @janethague

If you have made a mistake on the form, ask for another one. I have just filled out the form for my son yesterday and I have not been asked to fill in another one. For more information, see this link.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/help-for-disabled-travellers1/blue-badge-scheme/applying-for-a-blue-badge/

Is this a renewal form? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    As anyone been asked by council for another form to be filled in if you hav go ASD pls 
    Hi,

I'm unsure exactly what you're asking but if you're asking about renewing a blue badge then yes, everyone has to renew it. You can do this online on your local councils website.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @janethague, does this answer your question? :)
    Scope

• gruber
    gruber Posts: 29 Listener
    Hi,

I'm unsure exactly what you're asking but if you're asking about renewing a blue badge then yes, everyone has to renew it. You can do this online on your local councils website.
    Only if you have an automatic entitlement via PIP or DLA Mobility.
    If not you have to go through the application form from the council.

Some people try to renew a Blue Badge online only to end up being told by the council that you will also apply for the concessionary method (medical evidence/local authority assessment) 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    gruber said:

Only if you have an automatic entitlement via PIP or DLA Mobility.
    If not you have to go through the application form from the council.

Some people try to renew a Blue Badge online only to end up being told by the council that you will also apply for the concessionary method (medical evidence/local authority assessment) 
    Blue badges can be renewed online for all claims, whether you're automatically entitled or not. If you're not automatically entitled then yes, an assessment will most likely be needed, of course.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    Our council like most have a system to renew online. But for those that don't get an automatic one the online version does not ask the many questions that the old paper one did. With our council, which was the reason my wife didn't bother to renew hers, you claim on line then they send out the old paper version in the post to fill in which means you fill out two applications 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.