Capita medical assessment and dwp decision maker — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita medical assessment and dwp decision maker

marley77
marley77 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Hello nearly three weeks I had my medical assessment done by capita in Birmingham and the woman who was doing my report was trying everything to catch me out but I never lowed down to her standeds but I was hoping to get a decision letter off dwp for this but nothing 
So since the assessment ve been really ill can't keep food now and I'm not sleeping too well either and I'm just worrying about this decision letter even though ve been on pip for three years but I never got the hight rate mobility with it just the standard daily living 
I suffer with bad depression and anxiety and panic attacks and ve had bad news all year with my father pasting away then a close friend died not long after my dad so my nerves are getting crazy 
I need some advice but I don't to see the report what they have send because I know its going to stress me even my.... I'm just hoping they will award it but ve heard of people being on it then taken off 

But I keep hearing and checking to see if dwp are still going thou all the pip claims for mental health because of the high court rulling 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @marley77

Call DWP tomorrow to ask politely if they have sent out a letter. Ask for a copy of the report too. Hopefully you don’t have to wait too much longer!
    Good luck! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no timescales for decisions, backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. It's can take anything between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.

Ringing DWP to request a copy of the report, will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Having been through these assessments myself many times, i know exactly how stressful they are when you're waiting for a decision to be made. Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer. If you're not happy with the decision, you'll have 1 month to request the mandatory reconsideration, once the decision is made.

Regarding the changes to following and planning a journey. DWP are in the process of checking all claims with a decision made after a certain date. If a decision was made on or after 28th November 2016 then your previous claim will be looked at again. Once they looked at it they will write to you with a decision, there's no need to contact them and no assessment is needed. There's no timescales for how long this could take but it could potentially take a very long time to go through everyone's claims.

If a decision was made on a claim before the above date then they won't be looking at your claim.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • marley77
    marley77 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Hello everyone just to let you know I had my medical assessment at capita on the 2nd September 2019 and today ( 16th September 2019) I got a text off dwp saying they have my medical report and I have to wait up till 6 weeks for a decision and the woman did say at capita that they have all my paperwork and tribunal papers from 2017 when they over turn it with pip...
    Well since before my assessment I was really stressing and panicking and on the day my friend come with me and I had a really bad panic attack and my friend had to try and clam me down but after my assessment I haven't been eating right and ve been sick alot with worrie and I'm not sleeping and because the dwp have the report now it's making my depression even worse and I can't cope if they send me a copy of the medical report.... 
    I don't go out much and even if I do my friend has to come with me because I stress and panic and I also suffer with really bad joint pains and arthritis and I can't cope with planning a journey either and I did tell them all this on the form and on my assessment but I could see that the woman who was doing the assessment didn't like when I had my friend with me but I can't go by myself 
     I'm just hoping they reward it but fingers crossed 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I totally understand how stressful it is having been through it myself a few times. Hopefully it won't be too long until a decision's been made.

I know you said you don't want to see the report but it may help if you request it, usually they go with the recommendations in the report, it's rare for them to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.