Accident at work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Accident at work

Options
Woodyway67
Woodyway67 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2019 in Work and employment
I had an accident at work, slipping and falling heavily on my back. I’ve been signed off work for 3 months now and finding it hard. I was initially diagnosed with a soft tissue injury, but further tests identified a vertebral fracture. I’m in constant pain when walking, standing or sitting unsupported and don’t sleep well as every time I turn, the pain wakes me up. Added to this, I now have anxiety and depression. Added to this, I am a cancer survivor and have been free of the disease for 7 years. I’ve also been diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease, osteoporosis, hiatus hernia and GERD. I also have mild osteoarthritis in spine. 
I’m 63 and have had to continue working as state pension age moved to 66 and I had years out of work to raise my family. 
Just wonder if anyone can offer advice as unsure whether I can return to work , as don’t feel well enough physically or mentally. I have a very demanding job. My GP still continues to declare me unfit for work, but unsure how long this can continue. 
I don’t suppose I would meet the criteria for an ill health pension, even with chronic conditions? My accident has turned my life upside down and feeling stressed about the future. I cry every day and have had very little support from my employer, in fact they don’t make contact with me. 
I am in a union, but not received advice, as yet. 
Thanks. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.