Clerical claim that had to be rebuilt — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Clerical claim that had to be rebuilt

Options
macca1282
macca1282 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi just a question I've been on esa (support group) since 2009 and two and half yrs ago I moved into supported housing and my money went down with no explanation, with my mental state I was in a bad place and this yr 22 Feb 2019 I put on a new claim in coz I was told I never changed my circumstances but I never received a letter or phone call, but changed everything when I moved into another supported housing, then I was told about my claim being clerical what does that mean?? I'm confused any help please

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @macca1282
    Welcome to the community, I have asked @Joanne_Scope to come and take a look at your question to see if she can shed any light on it for you.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @macca1282
    A claim is generally clerical because there have been technical issues with putting it on the computer system. It means that it is dealt with by hand. The difficulty with that can be that it is harder for advisers to access when you ring them and it can make things take longer to be dealt with.
    Do you have a copy of your latest ESA award letter? It might be worth looking to see if you have a Severe Disability Premium on your award. You can get this if you live alone, have PIP Daily Living or DLA middle or high rate care and no one is claiming Carers Allowance for looking after you. 
    Joanne 
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.