Esa affected by husband's pension? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa affected by husband's pension?

Francesca123
Francesca123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i have just got married and my husband as moved in i phone council tax to let then know. Was told I need to inform esa my husband as just retried and as got a pension  he did have a large sum put in there and now I am worried that it my affect his money  please any help would be good 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You will need to ring ESA to report the changes that you are now living with your partner. If you're claiming Income Related ESA then any pension is counted as income £1 for £1.

Any savings you have will affect any means tested benefits you claim. £6,000 and over and your ESA will be affected £1 for every £250 over that amount. Anything £16,000 and over and you won't be entitled to any means tested benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Francesca123 and I hope @poppy123456 's answer has helped you :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.