Sexual Health Week - Disability and Sex by Hannah Witton — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sexual Health Week - Disability and Sex by Hannah Witton

Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
It is Sexual Health Week and the theme this year is Sex and Disability. Youtuber Hannah Witton has made a video all about this with the help of disabled people and I am one of them!

You can watch the video here. Please be aware that this is adult content about sex and may not be appropriate for younger listeners. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPqze8gkcQ

Questions from the video:
1) What misconceptions do people have about disabled people & sex?
2) How does your disability affect your sex life & what (if any) adjustments do you have to make?
3) What do you wish other people knew about disability & sex?
4) What’s the best thing about your sex life?

Let us know what you think.

Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger

If you need subtitles, then click on the circled button.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    I have bpd so I know that people with my condition and bipolar are particularly at risk, as when I was a teenager with hormones racing as well as bpd, I used to feel the need to be with a man constantly really (at least sexual way as you think they love you) and got attached quickly definitely attachment issues with bpd and you feel empty and unloved if they reject you even if you have only known them an hour or they see it as fun only. Other disabled people are vulnerable too as men (and women) who dont have issues see us as easy targets (can do) and i think there is alot higher risk of abuse as we believe they love us etc or do not realise what their aim/ultimate aim is. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.