severely visually impaired, my condition is called Anirida — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

severely visually impaired, my condition is called Anirida

Haya_H
Haya_H Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2019 in Sensory impairments
Hi, My name Is Haya. I am 20 years old. I'm originally from Pakistan but have been brought up in the UK. I've moved from country to country and ended up back in the same area (Swindon). I am severely visually impaired, my condition is called Anirida. Because of the nature of the condition I am affected by several eye conditions and a few medical conditions. Being the only 'disabled' individual among my family and relatives it has taken a long time for me to accept this, having faced discrimination and bullying in school and the current day to day difficulties I face have affected my mental health. Despite all of this, I've learned to be more resilient and I have just started my journey in blogging so I can share my experiences with others and I feel journaling could help me heal, as well as reaching out to communities. I am so thrilled to have come across this scope community and I look forward to making new friends :)

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.