Inspiration and Achievement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Inspiration and Achievement

redchicken43
redchicken43 Community member Posts: 48 Pioneering
I would like to start a positive discussion about what you all have achieved so far in you life. Be it climbing a mountain to going to university through to living an independent life. Let’s get them positive lives following. 

Comments

• linlin01
    linlin01 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    How about you @redchicken43? Can you start the ball rolling? What inspiration and achievements can you tell us about?  :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Hello @redchicken43   Thank you for your post.

Where to begin as so many.

Main one being clean from addiction for 12 years ongoing.

Being a community champion on this marvellous, wonderful forum and community. Two years.

Being supportive of others and making new friends. Many are an important part of my life .

Lots of experience, qualifications in many aspects of employment and business. plus running one.

Highly successful for ten years. Riches to Rags now.

Changing track to looking at diet, lifestyle and wellbeing getting qualifications around that in my middle forties yet I tried unsuccessfully to be employed.

Became and found my faith again through the addiction the road to recovery.

Lots of volunteering and using my skills and knowledge, attributes to create herb gardens for resource centres.

I am now middle fifties .

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Throughout the last 20 years of living with a chronic disability, I have offered help, advice through my own experiences, to help other people with their own illnesses.

It always feels good when someone says my words have helped.

This is my positive side to disability.
  • redchicken43
    redchicken43 Community member Posts: 48 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    I should have really got the ball rolling. Got to say that my biggest achievement and success in life has got to be my kids. Both are doing well at school with one off to university next year with any luck and being employed the most part and of course contributing to forums like this.Truth be told I would like to go on an adventure to raise money for Scope and have some ideas floating around in my head at the moment.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Lots.

Working part time after leaving education. My biggest achievement is holding down 2 jobs at the same time. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    This is a great idea @redchicken43! Thank you for posting!

I think my biggest achievement has been writing my blog and the opportunities I have had from that. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.