Can fibromyalgia go into remission and come back? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can fibromyalgia go into remission and come back?

ivycottage
ivycottage Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Good morning. I’ve just signed up to this forum as I am totally bemused by my condition and hoping you can help me. 
Around 4 years ago I was told I had fibromyalgia. I tried various different types of pain relief and nothing helped. I was actually unsure the diagnosis was correct but I’m not a dr so went with it. After 2 years my symptoms suddenly started to go away and for the last 2 years I have been symptom free. I felt so well that in March I started my own cleaning company and now clean 4 days out of 7. Most days 6-7 hours a day. The last few week I have started feeling unwell again. Very similar to before. 
My question is, can fibromyalgia go into remission and come back and have I chosen the wrong career choice? Or should I go back to the drs and see if there’s something else going on? 
A new symptom this time is not being able to lie on the right side of my head at night. It causes a lot of pain around my ear and eye on that side and pressure across my forehead. I didn’t have this last time and wonder if anyone else suffers like this?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Hello @ivycottage   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Thank you for your question about your condition. Unfortunately we as a community are not medical professionals.

As with any illness or condition. I would always speak to your GP about any new symptoms.

Hope that helps.

Please if we can help with anything else further please get in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • ivycottage
    Hello @thespiceman

Thanks for your reply. I think I may have phrased my question wrongly. I was more wondering if anyone else with fibromyalgia had experienced a similar thing. 

@ivycottage
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 6 years ago and my diagnosis took 2 years and i had every test imaginable before i was finally diagnosed. I suffer every single day with severe pain across the whole of my body and for me late afternoon onwards is my worst time. I have days were i'm better than others, depending on what i've done that day but i never ever have good days.  I also suffer with other conditions to.

We are all affected differently by these conditions and you can't compare 2 people. For this reason I agree with @thespiceman you should speak to your GP regarding this because we are not medically trained here.

Good luck and i hope you get some answers when you speak to your GP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ivycottage
    @poppy123456
    firstly im sorry to hear you are constantly in so much pain. 

I will speak to my gp this week. Thanks for your reply. X
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ivycottage
    I think it is a good idea to see your GP, let us know how you get on.

You can also take a look at Fibromylagia Action UK who also have a helpline that perhaps could help? You can contact them on 0300 999 3333
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ivycottage and I just wanted to welcome you to the community. I'm sorry to hear the pain has returned and I hope it goes okay when you speak to the GP.
    Scope

• ivycottage
  • ivycottage
    Hi! I went to see my gp yesterday and have been referred back to rheumatology. No further answers yet other than the gp said symptoms can get better and come back. So for now I’m trying to control my pain with an anti inflammatory diet. 
    Thanks for everyone’s replies and advice. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Best of luck with rheumatologist @ivycottage. I hope they're able to give you some answers and help you manage and symptoms. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ivycottage

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.