SDP criteria , NeedHelp . what if i loose Support Group — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP criteria , NeedHelp . what if i loose Support Group

needhelp2019
needhelp2019 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
Im up for a ESA assessment on 26th. Dont know why they sending me cuz my circumstances have changed since they supposedly got a form from me over a year ago, So for them to be using that form to assess me since my condition has worsened , so much so that i am now on pip, Is a bit out of balance to be honest.

At the moment i am in the support group for esa.

Im not sure if the assessment im going to is an CAPITA or ATOS center, but iv not seen any letters with CAPITA or ATOS on them.

Can any1 confirm if its a capita/atos center that im going to for this ADVISORY HEALTH ASSESSMENT 

the address is Derby Normington .

Anyway my main question is regarding my Sever Disability Premium.

I am aware that if my ESA is changed or effected that my PIP cannot be effected but im now concerned about the SDP

What is the criteria for the SDP.

If im not changed out of the support group then obviously il stay on the SDP.

What are the possible Changes that can be made from this ESA assessment. And how could they effect my SDP.

Thank you for any advice.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Hi,

Capita and ATOS don't do work capability assessments, it's the health assessment advisory service that do them.

Regarding the SDP i assuming you're living alone and no one claims carers allowance for looking after you, is this correct?
    If so then claiming SDP means you can't claim Universal Credit if you're found fit for work. Your options will be as follows, you can either wait for the MR decision to be paid and not claim any means tested benefits while you wait, OR you can claim Income related JSA with a fit note for 13 weeks from your GP.

Once the Tribunal accept your appeal you can then go back onto assessment rate for ESA with a fit note from your GP.

If you decide not to claim anything while you wait for the MR then any housing benefit you claim will continue but you'll need to contact your local council to fill out a nil income form.

If you're not claiming SDP then you either claim Universal credit or you don't claim any means tested benefits while you wait for the MR. If you claim UC then you won't be able to go back onto assessment rate for ESA.

My advice for now is to concentrate on the assessment and if the worse happens and you're found fit for work then post back here and someone will advise you.

If you're placed into the WRAG and you're claiming SDP then this will continue to be paid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • needhelp2019
    edited September 2019
    No i live alone, with no help anymore, and im sever schitzophrenic on medication with a psychiatrist also i am dependant on self medications.

I also have other issues that i donnot wish to divulge. 

Ok, so if they found me fit for work, Which is impossible and unlikley, then would i loose my SDP...

And if i claimed JSA with a sick note would i still get my SDP and council housing.
  • needhelp2019
    Another question. Can i send further evidence to the DWP decision maker.

And does anybody know the address.

Thank you.
  • poppy123456
    If the worst happens and you're found fit for work then yes you will lose the SDP. If you claimed JSA with a fit note then you can re-apply for the SDP and it will continue.

Any extra evidence should be sent to the health assessment providers and not to DWP. My advice is to ring the number on the letter and ask where you can send the extra evidence to and they will give the address for your area because all areas are different. The reason i advise to send it to health assessment providers is because if you sent it to DWP it may not be used after the report is returned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • needhelp2019
    ok, thanks again poppy.
  • needhelp2019
    Ok, so what if i am lowerd but not taken off ESA, maybe lowerd to Work related group or something. Would i still receive my SDP. 

Do i have to loose my ESA completely to loose my SDP , is it the case that as long as i am in receipt of ESA that i will still receive my SDP

POPPY.

thanks
  • poppy123456
    As previously advised if you're placed into the WRAG then you would still receive the SDP because it's paid on any Income related ESA. There's only 2 groups you can be placed into.

If you're found fit for work your ESA would stop and so would the SDP. If you claim Income related JSA with a sick note then you can reclaim the SDP.

Best thing to do is to wait until a decision's been made and if you're not happy post back here and someone will help you, otherwise you're going to get confused and even more stressed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.