ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

Options
ettsam
ettsam Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Would moving from ESA support group to workgroup be a change of circumstance and would this mean I would lose my transitional allowance

Comments

• Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @ettsam

It is my understanding that this would not be a change of circumstances that would trigger a new claim, so it should not affect any transitional payments you are getting. 

Are you still getting TP for getting moved from Incapacity Benefit? If not, what is the TP for?

The move would mean that you could lose the extra money that you get paid for being in the Support Group.
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • Silver925
    Silver925 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
    Options
    It is classed as a change in circumstances but not in the way that you would need to make a new claim as said above. I got moved from WRAG to SG I just told Housing Benefit/ Council Tax Support because they just needed to change my ESA status on there records that was all. Your HB and CTS should stay the same if you claim Income Related ESA. Changes to your existing benefits don't count in the same way.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,943 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @ettsam and a warm welcome to the community. :)

I hope you've found Joanne and @Silver925's answers to be helpful. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.