help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

help

Options
steve426
steve426 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
just got the dreaded letter from the dwp my wife has lost here motabillity which i think is a joke she cant walk without being in pain she needs two new knees we have a motabillity car without this car she cannot go to work so basically the dwp have put her out off work there must be someone who can help her cab just say there that busy you cant get a appointment  there must be away to have this decission looked at as urgent  as without car we may as well be dead as theve taken away our independance sorry for the rant just realy upset 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Was this a PIP review or a transfer from DLA?

Has she been awarded anything at all?

she now has 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. She should put this in writing stating where she thinks she should have scored those points and her reasons why. Adding a couple of examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to her.

Any relevant evidence should be sent with the letter to support her claim because they rarely contact anyone for any evidence. Do be aware that most MR decisions remain the same so she'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal.

Put your postcode into this link and it will tell you if there's any other advice agencies in your area for help and support.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve426
    steve426 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    hi yes this was a transfer from dla to pip she has beeen awarded standard for living but nothing for motorbillity as i say without the car threre is no way she can get to work she works for the nhs in the offices so she can park right outside she could not walk to a bus stop because of the pain also she has aproblem with her heart being out of rytham i believe it called a af her resting heart rate is 170bpm we live just outside liverpool our postcode is l35 thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Please be aware of putting personal information here on the forums because scope is public and others will see.

Enhanced mobility criteria for PIP is different to what High rate mobility DLA was. Although people do work and claim PIP, if the work she does contradicts the reasons for her claim then this can go against you.

For her mobility car then motability will be in contact with her to discuss her car and possible options. There's a transitional support package that maybe available to her but it will depend how long she's been a customer with motability. See link. https://www.motability.co.uk/about/allowances/personal-independence-payment-pip/unsuccessful-reassessment/transitional-support-package/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.