Pip review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 44 Connected
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• clare_1
    clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Hey cagsy69

Firstly I wish you all the best for you PIP assessment, my fingers are crossed for you.

I do believe it should state on your PIP letters from when it was awarded, it should also have an end date.
    That's the date it will stop from, but if you win or if you ha e to fight for the right yo have it, thenbyou will be back dated from the renewal.

I hope this helps and if I havent given enough information, I'm sure someone els will be able to help answer in more depth for you
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,332 Disability Gamechanger
    clare_1 said:
    Hey cagsy69

I do believe it should state on your PIP letters from when it was awarded, it should also have an end date.
    That's the date it will stop from, but if you win or if you ha e to fight for the right yo have it, thenbyou will be back dated from the renewal.

I hope this helps and if I havent given enough information, I'm sure someone els will be able to help answer in more depth for you
    I'm afraid this isn't correct. If at review the decision is not to award PIP again then PIP stops approximately 4 weeks after the decision is made. The reason for this is because a new decision has been made, which overrides the previous decision.

If at MR or Tribunal stage the decision changes and they are awarded, it's backdated to the date it stopped.

If successfully awarded again at review a new award date will be given, which will extend the current award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
  • clare_1
    clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    I apologise for the wrong information given, I clearly have alot more to learn myself.

I knew someone would know more about this situation.
    I have learnt something els new today so thank you Poppy
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you assessment goes okay on Tuesday @cagsy69! Please do let us know. :)
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    good luck for Tuesday. Got my f2f on Thursday...been cancelled twice!
  • [Deleted User]
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cagsy69. Welcome to Scope!

You should have received a letter in addition to the renewal form. There are five stages of the process. Have you started any medication? If so explain clearly on the form. 

Be honest. Describe what you find hard etc on the review form as well. Supply evidence to backup your claim. This is your chance to explain to them about your impairment. Give as much information as needed too. 

They can ask for a review at any time. Even if you say there is no change, they might still want more information. When returning the review form, always send photocopies of supplementary evidence via secure recorded post. They will either ask you to attend a face to face assessment or request more information from the GP about the claimant. It makes a difference in the outcome of your review. 

Copies of care plans count as evidence. You can even send photocopies of lists of medication if needed. They will also accept photocopies of reports, test results and prescriptions. 

Do not send appointment letters however. Provide them with up to date details on medication, therapy and treatment. For more information please take a look at this article. 

https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/welfare-benefits/pip-mental-health-guide/help-with-your-pip-claim/pip-review-process/
  • [Deleted User]
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @cagsy69, thank you for taking the time to update us. I'm sorry to hear that you were admitted to hospital, how are you doing today?
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
  • Chloe_Scope
    Oh @cagsy69, that sounds extremely painful!  :s

I am so glad you are are on the mend now and were able to come home today. Please take it easy. :)
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    A 20 minute assessment doesn't really mean anything, my shortest assessment has been 15 minutes and i was successfully awarded.

It's not the HCP decision whether you're awarded or not, the report they write is for recommendations only and you can't speculate anything at this point.

Wait a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the report. When you receive it look for the dots and compare them against the PIP descriptors, then you'll be able to add up any points that are recommended. Mostly they go with the report but you'll still have to wait for the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry to hear that, you will have to wait for a decision of course but they mostly go with the report. If you're not awarded then your PIP will stop. Do also be aware that if your PIP stops then this may also affect any other benefits you maybe claiming.

Once the decision is made you'll have 1 month from that date to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Evidence should be sent with the letter if you didn't send it with the form because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Do be aware that most MR decisions remain the same so it's likely you'll have to take it to Tribunal.

Good luck.
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.