reassessment backlog for UC support group? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

reassessment backlog for UC support group?

KS81
KS81 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi i was wondering if somebody could put my mind at rest, i was awarded UC disability and put into a support group for my autoimmune illness. I rang up the help desk to ask how long it was awarded for once i was awarded it and they advised it was for 17 months and i would receive the uc 50 questionaire 2 months prior to my claim ending. The form should have arrived in June, i am really worried and stressed out going through the procedure in the first place was a nightmare and traumatic, and the thought of having to do it again is giving me sleepless nights. Does anybody know if there is a backlog for reassessments?! I live in the London area 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Hi,

The timescale they give you is just a guide and is not set in stone. The LCWRA (Support Group) award you have is ongoing for as long as you remain in that group and the extra money you receive will continue until a new decision is made on the work capability assessment.

They can re-assess you anytime from 3 months. Some people are contacted before the time they are given and others and contacted after that time. I've been in the Support Group since 2013 and i've always been contacted after the time they told me.

Unfortunately, we never really know when that work capability assessment form will come through the post. You could start to gather some evidence to support your claim now, then when the time comes you're prepared with your evidence ready.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KS81 and a warm welcome to the community. I'm sorry this has been worrying you so much. It looks like it's played on your mind a lot. How are you feeling today?

I hope @poppy123456 has been able to help, but please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• KS81
    KS81 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Tank you guys for replying to my query it is really appreciated and also helpful. I will wait for the form to arrive and as Poppy suggested prepare accordingly. Many thanks xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.