Not fit for purpose. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not fit for purpose.

trudge
trudge Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi All, anyone had any dealings with Pride Mobility customer service? I purchased a Pride igo power wheelchair about a year ago and had problems very early on. I recently had an almost catastrophic incident which could have been very serious. The build quality of the product really isn't up to scratch which I pointed out. If every igo which left the factory was the same as mine the product should be withdrawn. Anyone out there had problems with the Pride igo? I'm hesitant to push things further in case I'm just unlucky. Not much empathy from customer service either. I eagerly await your response. Tia.  

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @trudge

I’m sorry to hear that! Is it possible to look for another company or not? 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, yeh that is bad...very bad.
    My previous wheelchair was a Pride...well the arm foam rests were diabolical! I had them replaced 4 times in 3 years. The slightest knock against anything and the foam disintegrated.

Got a much better chair now.
  • trudge
    I'll keep watching responses to see if a pattern emerges. And I definately will not purchase another Pride product.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Surely you should deal with the seller as I have a price mobility scooter but I have to deal with the dealer who has severed me well. Pride supplied the new disc braking system but the dealer had to travel nearly 100 miles to fit complete new system at cost to him self no help from pride. When I bought my scooter some details where different to what was in the instrument manual when I contacted pride by email I was informed that they are printing a new manual and the one sent is the old one.
  • trudge
    The place I got it from is no longer avsilable. Pride suggested I travel some distance to my nearest dealer, leave the chair for an unspecified time to carry out some unspecified work at an unspecified cost to me. Bettrr to cut and run.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.