Disability Life Hacks — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability Life Hacks

Vixster89
Vixster89 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Living with chronic pain and disability, I've learnt some things that make doing everyday tasks a little easier and I thought it would be good to have a place where we can all share our "hacks." 

Some of my faves and most simple ones are:

* Using pump bottles for shampoo, conditioner, body wash and hand soap. No more squeezing bottles or tubes.
* Touch lamps by my bed.
* Dry shampoo - washing my hair everyday just isn't going to happen!
* Breville One Cup kettle. No more risking a scolding by lifting up a heavy kettle. 
* Chilly's bottle. It keeps cold drinks cold for 24 hours and hot drinks hot for 12 hours so no need to keep getting fresh drinks.

There are more but I can think of them right now.

Please add yours below!

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, some really interesting tips there!
    The pump bottles is a great idea. I struggle with squeeze type bottles....never thought of that....and such a simple thing...hope I can find my shampoo/conditioner in pump.....do you find them easily in shops?
    Thankyou x
  • Vixster89
    Vixster89 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Hey @pollyanna1052

Yeah, I get them on eBay but I always just buy pump soap as it is. Or you could rinse out a used hand wash pump bottle and fill it with shampoo. Makes life so much easier! Let me know if it helps you!x
  • RiyadBrown
    RiyadBrown Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Helpful stuff! 
    Especially, Touch lamps by my bed is a good idea. 

I am going to bookmark this thread for quick access. 

Thanks and keep up the good work! 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Bookmarking this for the future. 

You can buy and sell disability aids online or in person. That is my top tip. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @Vixster89

Since my son was born, I have kept a pen on my kitchen table. I have kept his confidential medical records in a locked cabinet. I also have maintained a diary of his progress and my feelings too. 

My life hacks:

I made a list of sites and resources on disability. I take printouts or summaries of test results to all his appointments. When Logan was having treatment for his bilateral clubbed feet, I took weekly photos. I used to take a book to read before each hospital appointment as we waited too. On surgery days, I always took a small bag with items that were required for a hospital stay. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Brilliant ideas guys.

Really like the Chilly's bottles suggestion, @Vixster89. Thanks! :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.