ESA requesting 9 years of banks statements — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA requesting 9 years of banks statements

pandora86
pandora86 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
Hello, im posting on behalf my mum. She has been receiving esa due to ill health since 2010, we recently got a e50 form which i sent off for her.

they have now sent a letter requesting 9 years worth of bank statements!! No problem but on the banks online system the statements only go up to 6 years back. Where does that leave us? 

Also for the past 2 years mum has been transferring her esa payment once a month to my account so i can go and pay for her bills or do a food shop for her. Would this be a problem in dwp eyes when they see her statements? 

Thanks

Comments

• pandora86
    Hello, im posting on behalf my mum. She has been receiving esa due to ill health since 2010, we recently got a e50 form which i sent off for her.

they have now sent a letter requesting 9 years worth of bank statements!! No problem but on the banks online system the statements only go up to 6 years back. Where does that leave us? 

Also for the past 2 years mum has been transferring her esa payment once a month to my account so i can go and pay for her bills or do a food shop for her. Would this be a problem in dwp eyes when they see her statements? 

Thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Hi,

E50 form? Did your mum transfer from Incapacity benefit to ESA? If so then the form she received will have been the ESA3 form for her to be assessed for the Income related top up because of the DWP error.

She should speak to her back regarding the bank statements and they will be able to help her.

I can't see that her transferring money to you will be any problems.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pandora86
    @poppy123456 thank you for the reply, sorry esa50 form defo as i just checked the copies i took before sending it off. 

Ok will speak to the bank, hopefully they dont want a charge for it! 

Ok thank you, i didnt think it would be a problem but i just wanted to check. Thank you
  • poppy123456
    I'm confused why they are asking for bank statements for the ESA50 form, are you sure it's bank statements they want? The ESA50 form is the work capability assessment form and no bank statements are needed for this.

Have you previously filled out the ESA3 form because bank statements would be needed for this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • pandora86
    @poppy123456 no idea! It just says we need more information or documents before we can deal with your claim. Then at the back it says please provide bank statements from 17/03/2010 as we have not reviewed your income since then.

i cant remember if my mum ever filled out a esa3 form. She was on wrag for esa then when she got her dla award they changed her over to support group back in 2011 by themselves. And since then we have not had any forms from them until only recently esa50 one and now this.

• poppy123456
    They definitely wouldn't be requesting bank statements for the ESA50 form because a work capability assessment form isn't about what savings etc you have.
  • pandora86
    @poppy123456 i called esa for my mum, they said that the form had flagged up that they had no done a capital check for my mum since then and was requesting it. Very bizarre but oh well, i told them bank only provides upto 6 years of statements and they took a note down saying that it is fine.

Thanks for you replies

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.