rogue — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

rogue

rogue
rogue Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, this My first time so please be patient and forgive spelling mistakes. I am writing this hopefully to help others who find themselves in the situation i did and how i got it resolved. Last October i was assessed for pip, I have been badly disabled since 1991, and was on both daily living and mobility benifits at the higher rates. Anyway to cut a long story short, the assessment nurse only have me 2 points on the first and 4 points on the second, she lied about most of the assessment , ommitted details and put in false ones and did not put all my health problems in the report or that I have a mobility scooter, wheelchair and crutches. For example  i said I went into town once every four to six weeks she said i went in four to six times weekly. I have many health problems including spinal deteriation, fibromyalgia, diabetes , I am going blind,  etc. She left half of these out and that I use a mobility scooter and my daughter is my carer, I can walk about 20 yards with a stick if I'm lucky, she said i had a normal gait and no breathing problems and there was so much more.
Anyway because of this My benifits stopped. Over the past year i have spent time writing back and forth to the dwp, I had all my medical tests redone and the tribunal assessed me as having 20 points for both living and mobility, consequently my payments have been restareted backdated to last october.
Also it helped that before I went to the tribunal i complained about this nurse to the NMC who are investigating the situation and I will let you know how that goes. 
The point of this is to say don't give up, fight the desission, be truthful and send all the evidence  that you have to the tribunal also do complain to the NMC they are very sympathetic and will help all they can.
Good luck

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @Rogue. I'm glad to hear you had a positive outcome in the end. :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Very pleased you got the right decision in the end well done ☺ 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing this with us!
    Scope

• rogue
    rogue Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks to all of you who have welcomed me it's nice to know your there. I have just received my first payment of benifits and also a year's backpay. I still feel angry that it took so long to resolve especially as their decision was based on lies and fiction, and I will let you know the outcome of the NMC  decision, who have already opened an investigation. I forgot to say in my first post that I also have post polio syndrome and ptsd which the nurse totally ignored. I hope this result will help and encourage others to fight a wrong assessment and get the benifits and help they are entitled to

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.