Universal Credit LCW — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal Credit LCW

Julie3948
Julie3948 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I'm on UC i suffer from Social anxiety disorder and Depression,i have always felt uncomfortable with others since primary school. I have been trying to get the DWP to change their decision from putting me in the LCW group but i have appealed a few times and everytime i have failed. Just bcos i can use my hands their saying i am capable of preparing for work and when i can't do the activities i am going to lose my money and i am worried sick, how am i mean't to live!?i can't believe they can leave ppl without money.I'm also Diabetic which adds to my problems bcos i have to eat properly to control it but how can i without money!!!?I understand i can apply for Hardship but how can i pay it back if i can't go to Activities and they won't end the sanction or pay me again unless i do!!
I really don't need all this worry!!??

Comments

• Vixster89
    Vixster89 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Hi @Julie3948

I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. The only thing I can suggest is speaking to Citizens Advice and asking them to help you out with the forms or appealing the decision. They will be the best people to offer advice in this situation. I hope you get the help and support you need.

Good luck,

Vicki
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When you say you've appealed the decision, have you taken it to Tribunal or just requested the Mandatory Reconsideration?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Julie3948
    They had a Tribunal but bcos of my socialphobia i couldn't attend so they decided without an hearing.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Paper based hearings have a very low success rate with only a 5-8% chance of the decision going in your favour.

If the decision was made in the last month you can request the statement of reasons. Once you receive this you'll need to find someone to have a look to see if an error in law has been made. If it hasn't then you won't be able to appeal the decision.

You could put in a change of circumstances to start the work capability assessment process of again but doing this you risk losing the LCW you already have.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Julie3948
    No don't wanna risk that!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Julie3948, it sounds like you are in a tricky situation, how are you doing at the moment?
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.