Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

mt123
mt123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Just found this site looks really good dont know if anyone can help me. I have just been awarded lcwra last week. I have been on uc since august last year submitting sick notes since then. Had assesment last month and decision last week to say lcwra. Am I due a back payment? And if so how much? Dont really know much about this. Does anyone know how long it will take me to get my extra payment and if any backdated? My payments are normally on 14th of each month. Cheers.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I'm no expert but do get this myself. You will get back pay but it will be backdated to the 4th month after sending in your first sick note as there is a waiting period. My payment started quickly I got it in the next payment after award but this isn't always the case. Back pay will take longer no set time mine took 6 weeks but I did call them to prompt them . Hope this he helps I'm sure others more expert will advise 
  • mt123
    mt123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thankyou did your back payment go in your account on your universal credit payment date or was it a random date. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @mt123
    I rang dwp to query my back pay I was awarded lcwra at tribunal. They calculated the amount and I was paid it that day into my bank. I had waited over 6 weeks since my award . I have heard others say can take lot longer b4 they got back pay. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @mt123 and a warm welcome to the community. I'm glad @janer1967 has been able to answer this for you. :)
    The backdated money is usually paid separately so won't necessarily be on your usual payment day. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.