If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Backpay

Hello all, Ive recently won my appeal against PIP they have to backpay me until november 2017, My question is does anybody know if ESA will have to back date me the disability premium or does that just start from now?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 13,584Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news on the PIP decision.

Are you talking about the severe disability premium? If so do you have a daily living award of PIP?

Do you also live alone, or classed as living alone? if so has these applied since November 2017?

I'm assuming you're claiming Income Related ESA?
  • Anthony88Anthony88 Posts: 2Member Listener
    edited October 3
    Hi,

Great news on the PIP decision.

Are you talking about the severe disability premium? If so do you have a daily living award of PIP?

Do you also live alone, or classed as living alone? if so has these applied since November 2017?

I'm assuming you're claiming Income Related ESA?
    Thanks for the reply

Yeah the disability premium. The daily living award is enhanced.

Live with unemployed parent, has been like that from before the claim was made. Yeah income related ESA.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 13,584Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 3
    There's 3 disability premiums available in total BUT only 2 of them are available on ESA.

Which group are you in for ESA? The Enhanced disability premium (£16.80) is automatically paid when in the Support Group. 

The Severe disability premium (£65.85 per week)  as you don't live alone does everyone you live with claim a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance Allowance? If they don't then i'm afraid you won't qualify for this premium.

The other disability premium (£34.35 per week) isn't payable on ESA, it's only payable on Income Support and Income related JSA.

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Posts: 4,749Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @Anthony88, how are you getting on? :)
    Chloe
    Online Community Officer
Sign in or join us to comment.