I’m new, hi all :) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I’m new, hi all :)

lisagr
lisagr Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am just starting the “New Style” ESA, can I ask what the process is please and do I need to have an assessment?, and how long does it take to get paid, I’m worried about this as nobody has really told me what happens. 
Thanks in advance.  :)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, 

First payment should be in about 3 weeks. It’s £73.10 per week and it’s paid fortnightly. You need a fit note from your GP and you must continue to see them until you’re assessed and a decision is made in your claim.

You will eventually be sent a work capability assessment form, which must be filled in and returned with all your evidence. Once it’s received you’ll most likely need a face to face assessment because most people have them.

If the decision is Support Group (LCWRA) then you’ll receive £111.65 per week from the 14th week of your claim. It is also paid indefinitely for as long as you remain in that group.

If the decision is WRAG (LCW) then you won’t receive and extra money and your money is limited to 365 days, then it stops. 

If If the decision is fit for work your money stops. If you’re not happy with the decision you’ll have 1 month to request the MR. 

Hope this helps. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lisagr and a warm welcome to the community! I hope Poppy has been able to help and please do let us know if you have any further questions. :)
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lisagr and welcome to the Community.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • lisagr
    lisagr Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much for all of your help poppy, I’ve been trying to get information for weeks and got nowhere, so a massive thanks to you, it has certainly eased my mind. Thank you all for your kind welcomes to this. It’s just so great to be around people like myself. Hope you all have a fantastic day xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    You're very welcome :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @lisagr,

Welcome to the Community.

I hope that your New Style ESA claim goes smoothly!

Will you need to claim for help with anything else such as rent?
    Joanne 
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.