Totally mindbending pain tonight — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Totally mindbending pain tonight

StarryShapes
StarryShapes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
So I have fibromyalgia, dx'd about 12 years ago, symptomatic a lot longer. I get a lot of pain obviously, but I have this particular night time leg pain which is just awful and excruciating and I usually dont get any sleep at all when it happens. It's my whole legs, both of them, from my hips to my feet and they just really really hurt. Like a constant aggressive ache, only I'm not moving to trigger it, its never there after doing anything excessive and it feels worse/ different to my regular pain, it's just awful. I have to keep shifting my position and trying to relax but it's so awful as far as pains go. I'm exhausted, I'm trying to support my mum and can barely support myself even with our partner being around.  I'm not worried  specifically, its "just" the fibro, I just NEED to relax, stop my legs absolutely killing me. Not being able to sleep at all creates complete non functioning the next day....anyone else get this with fibro?? I'm going out of my mind!!!

Comments

• EmmaB
    EmmaB Community member Posts: 263 Pioneering
    Hi @StarryShapes
    I'm writing an article about pain management for a magazine at the moment... I came across these two websites which you might find helpful:
    https://my.livewellwithpain.co.uk/
    https://www.vidyamala-burch.com/
    I think there is a major shift in thinking about pain and it can help to have a greater understanding of how it works ie how it escalates if left to its own devices and with ineffective treatment.
    I hope you might find the websites of interest and better still helpful. 
    I'll post a link to the article on this message board when it comes out but that's not until Jan 2020 which sounds very futuristic to me!
    Best wishes.
    Emma
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @StarryShapes and a very warm welcome to the community! I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing high pain levels, especially when trying to sleep!

How are you feeling today?

I too experience chronic pain, although not fibro, and can relate to what you have said here. I am sure it will also resonate with other members and I hope you will be able to find peer support here on the community. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.