PIP Backpay not in account 5 days after date in letter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Backpay not in account 5 days after date in letter

chlobliviate
chlobliviate Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, I'm very new here (as in, I joined to ask this, I hope that's ok) and I have a potentially unusual question. 

I applied for PIP in September 2017, there was a delay due to the DWP not accepting that making phone calls makes me unwell (I also raised that as an issue, which they told me they'd look into, but shockingly never heard anything further, but that's not the point) and finally had my F2F in April 2018, where I was awarded nothing. (Same old, same old, DWP worker lied etc)

Due to my mental health, it took me 12 months to put together my appeal for the tribunal, which was sent off in July 2019. 
I received a letter in September advising that the DWP had looked at my case again and overturned it to be enhanced for both, without having to go to the tribunal. (YAY!)

They advised me in a further letter that the back pay would be paid to me on Thursday 10th October 2019, it's now Tuesday 15th October 2019 and I am still without the money. I have called the DWP twice and my bank twice (four panic attacks, yay) and they both seem to be blaming the other as to why I haven't got the money, which isn't particularly helpful.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or have any advice for me at all? I'm at a loss as to what to do next and I'm pretty sure all of this is going to cause an ME flare-up within days, so I could do with it being sorted sooner (obviously, I guess nobody wants to wait for the money they're owed).

Please help! 

Chloe :)

Comments

• chlobliviate
    Back pay is £10k plus, not sure if that makes a difference?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    As you payment is money owed then this will not affect any other benefit claims for the following 12 months. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news!

All you can do is ring DWP to ask why you haven't received the money that's owed. I'm assuming it needs to go through someone else before it's paid to you because of the large amount it is. Unfortunately, no one here can answer your question other than DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chlobliviate
    Thanks Poppy, I suspected as much, but thought I'd ask just in case. Thank you for replying :smiley:
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chlobliviate, I hope you can get this sorted quickly!
    Scope

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Did you get them to check they have the right sort code and acc number?
  • Willwill
    Willwill Community member Posts: 67 Pioneering
    edited October 2019
    @chlobliviate Hello ,,after winning my  tribunal 3/10/2019 I have had similar but DWP contacted 15/10/2019 me for information such as bank details, had I been in hospital, even prison !!    they then said I would be refunded of monies due from last payment  to me 22/01/2019  , but the information she has now got will go to another separate office in DWP for that to happen and from there a letter will be sent to me of a breakdown of stating what I am owed, so another process to go through for payment to commence , I have noted on this site that it usually takes 6 to 8 weeks from the ""date the decision"" that was made in your favour  , I expect you will have some monies well before xmas , all the best, de Will
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @chlobliviate

I recall a thread early this week, with the same issue.

That backpay was £9000 and had to approved by a line manager, which caused delay in payments.

As others have stated, keep on to DWP and keep an eye on your backpay for dropping into your account.

Hope this helps and well done on your success.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.