Thyroid — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thyroid

Options
lynzjoe
lynzjoe Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone I have got thyroid problems and in meds for them I have been ill for about 2 year then had to have my parathyroid removed still not recovered struggle everyday I work from home for 16 hours will I be entitled to pip as my body like a old lady’s most days I am only 39 thanks 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, PIP is a benefit to help you with your daily living activities, it is not awarded on a diagnosis or illness but on your ability to preform the PIP descriptiors in a safly, repeatably and ml in a timely manner. Look at the PIP descriptiors and take a self test to see how you would fair. 
  • lynzjoe
    lynzjoe Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I don’t no nothing about pip just a advisor has told me to apply so wasnt sure if to apply or not thanks for the advice 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lynzjoe Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read about your daily struggles. As mentioned above, PIP is for people who need help with daily living activities, or have difficulty going out, or have mobility issues.

To find out more, if you go to the top of the page, you'll see 'Advice and support,' then go to 'Online advice and support,' where you'll find 'Benefits' at the top of the list on the left hand side, scroll down on the right hand side to see information on PIP.

There's also information on the Citizen's Advice website. See: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/

Hopefully these may help you decide if PIP is appropriate for you. You can still receive this even if you work.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.