Health Professional — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Health Professional

sherl
sherl Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I had my Assement at home 3.5 weeks ago on a Monday, Wednesday I received a  text to say the report was back I called at 8.30 and asked if I could have a copy, the Chap at dwp said its on its way, I received this on Friday. I have been award enhanced rate for both and reassess in 2.6yrs which that I was completely surprised, however  

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi @sherl  
    Well done it’s always good to hear a positive story once in a while.
             Debsidoo.x
  • sherl
    Hi Debsidoo, Yes it is I have been following the discussions and some seem to be waiting for a while, the message I sent above went before I finished :'( .xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The assessment report isn't a decision letter, although it's rare for them to go against it, it can happen. The report is just a recommendation but unfortunately, you'll still need to wait for the decision letter to arrive but as always with decisions, there's no timescales. Hopefully not too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sherl
    Hi Poppy123456

I'm really not getting excited, as mine is not a new claim, I personally think their go against it as I have been on low rate dla before, &  high rate mobility!!! so maybe just maybe they may contest this,  however I have got worse over the years, I broke the bottom of my spine, took a chip of the main spine bone have 7 slipped disc to which 2 are touching the nerves, one lower lumber, one in the neck, I'm on the list for an operation, but the decision is mine,I have put this on the back burner so to  speak,  partially lost the use of my right arm and hand due to nerve release but I'm doing ok, well the best I can but this has worried me for the operation on my back and neck, I don't want to lose any more sensation any where else in my body.

thank you for answering me.

Sherl  
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Yes@sherl.
    sometimes you get people commenting on 2 or 3 threads when things post multiple times.x
  • poppy123456
    It is rare for them to go against the report. If you are transferring from DLA and this is your first PIP claim and you're successfully awarded then your PIP will start approximately 3 weeks after your last DLA payment. There will also be no backdated money, if your PIP award is higher than your DLA was.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sherl
    Oh ok, doesnt seem right no back pay from assessment date form received

Oh well
  • sherl
    Oh ok  lm new first day posted today. Xx
  • poppy123456
    sherl said:
    Oh ok, doesnt seem right no back pay from assessment date form received

Oh well
    You are still claiming DLA at the moment, if your condition had got worse then you could have reported a change of circumstances and you would have be asked to apply for PIP earlier. There's never any backdated money for those already claiming DLA because you can't receive both benefit payments at once.
  • sherl
    Hi

I was always under the impression that you can not apply for pip until they request you to, I received a letter t in 2015 
     stating the will be in touch, it took them four years!  to which l received a text message in July 2019 asking me to call them to start the claim in 2015 I was ask not to contact them they will contact me. Cant believe it took them four years.
  • poppy123456
    That's not correct, you could have reported a worsening of condition and that way you would have needed to apply for PIP.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    sherl said:
    Hi

I was always under the impression that you can not apply for pip until they request you to, I received a letter t in 2015 
     stating the will be in touch, it took them four years!  to which l received a text message in July 2019 asking me to call them to start the claim in 2015 I was ask not to contact them they will contact me. Cant believe it took them four years.
    Hi Sherl, good luck with your operation chick. Take care xxxx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.