Learning difficulties being a community memeber — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Learning difficulties being a community memeber

Options
masumaakthar12345678
masumaakthar12345678 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
how can give something back to my local community by meeting new people and talking to them about my complex needs.

Comments

• masumaakthar12345678
    masumaakthar12345678 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Like to talk about my condition to other people who may experience being visual impairment and hearing impairment I would like to reasure the young indvisuals that they are not on their own they can go and talk to someone.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What about a club? Would that work? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @masumaakthar12345678 and a warm welcome to the community! Have you thought about doing talks to schools?
    Scope

• dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    Options
    Like to talk about my condition to other people who may experience being visual impairment and hearing impairment I would like to reasure the young indvisuals that they are not on their own they can go and talk to someone.
    I have the temporal type of auditory processing disorder, my brain having problems processing and understanding the sounds my ears hear. Which is why I am phone phobic and is the underlying cause of my dyslexia symptom
  • dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    edited October 2019
    Options
    What about a club? Would that work?

due to the nature of my disability, groups of more than 2 or 3 people are a problem as i am not able to use my usual alternative compensating skills and abilities lip reading, and reading body language., which do not always help lol

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.